According to the U.S. Bone and Joint Decade, the annual direct and indirect costs of musculoskeletal disease is $950 billion and rising - including co-morbidities*. Sufferers/Patients:
- Average six medical visits per year
- Fill 1.6 billion prescriptions for medications (Rx) – A mean of 18.6 prescriptions per patient per year
- Make up 40% of all lost time claims – sprains, strains and tears in 2010
- Generate 1/3 of all lost work days – equivalent to 385 million days in 2008
What has made soft tissue injuries so hard to diagnose has been the lack of objective and reliable diagnostic tools that physicians could use to pinpoint the source and extent of injuries. This lack of knowledge has contributed to frustration among employees and their employers, escalating medical bills and more days away from work.
Scientifically validated studies and white papers completed thus far show how, when employed properly, the data CMAPPro gathers can:
- Reduce the number of office visits
- Provide objective data enhancing clinical practices
- Assist in facilitating faster and medically appropriate return-to-productivity
In addition, CMAPPro can influence proper utilization of other impactful tools historically utilized by claims and care management professionals.
Data gathered by CMAPPro will benefit you:
- Identifies the presence of pathology
- Assists in managing apportionment where applicable
- Improves case closure rates
* Source: United States Bone & Joint Decade: The Burden of Musculoskeletal Diseases in the United States. Rosemont IL, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 2011