Frequently Asked Questions
- What is CMAPPro?
- The Comprehensive Muscular Activity Profiler (CMAPPro) is a scientifically validated active assessment that provides empirical data to complement treating providers' clinical expertise. The combination allows for an early and accurate assessment that improves patient satisfaction, and results in faster return to health both at work and at home.
CMAPPro is an assessment that combines:
- Range of Motion: CMAPPro employs gyroscopic dual inclinometers to detect motion and measure patients' physical abilities and relative motion between two points.
- Isometric functional strength measurements: CMAPPro utilizes proprietary, integrated isometric functional capacity evaluation sensors to measure: lift strength, grip strength, pinch strength and muscle fatigue.
- High resolution spatial electromyography: CMAPPro assesses the presence of and type of muscle firing with proprietary leads to collect meaningful data. The signal to noise ratio (S/N) is high, with a sampling rate at 2000 Hz.
- Does CMAPPro have a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Clearance?
- Yes, this technology has a 510K clearance with the Food and Drug Administration as a Class II Medical Device.
- Are CMAPPro assessments administered by a licensed professional?
- Yes, all technicians administering CMAPPro are fully trained and receive a CMAPPro Certification upon course completion.
- How long does a CMAPPro assessment take?
- A CMAPPro takes 15-60 minutes depending on the protocol administered.